5th recipe from Emily
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 teaspoons active dry yeast
5 cups all-‐purpose flour
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm milk, water, sugar and salt. Remove from heat, and mix in the eggs and yeast.
2. Measure flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the flour, and pour milk mixture into it. Do not stir. Cover with a lid, and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Pour melted margarine into flour, and mix well. Add more flour if too sticky. Knead lightly. Cover, and let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Shape the dough into crescent roll shape and place a little bit of butter in the middle before you roll it. Place on a baking sheet. Let rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Bake rolls in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 15 minutes, or until done.
Approximate Prep Time: 20 minutes
Approximate Cooking Time: 70 minutes (rise and cook time)